Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Airport day


Here I sit in the San Diego Airport, 2 hours before my flight. I have 2 huge suitcases, a backpack that weighs a ton, as it contains my camera, 2 laptops, important paperwork, and my father.
I have opted to not carry a suitcase carry on, and instead have my huge Vera Bradley duffle bag, as it fits more stuff... however, the inconvenience of not having a roller bag makes it a huge pain in the ass. I'm also wearing my fancy france coat, and carrying a blanket I made for Mike out of his old fraternity shirts, as that is his lame birthday gift.
I look like an overly fancy shoppingcart person.
It is early in the morning, and I have a long-ass journey in front of me. San Diego to Chicago. Chicago to Frankfurt. Frankfurt to Marseille. The plan is to sleep as much as I can on the 8.50hour flight.
It's weird thinking about moving to France... still trying to wrap my mind around that one.
I haven't seen Mike since January 27th, so currently, any anxiety about moving is eclipsed by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment