Sunday, April 11, 2010

The best laid plans.

Ah, Sunday.
We slept in. We drank coffee. We watched a movie. We drank Bellini's. We made potatoes & fried eggs.
We had planned on going to the market in Vinon, which happens every Sunday (yay!)... but unfortunately, we know know it ends at noon, because when we got there at 12:30, everyone was packing up. (Boo.)
So, we drove to our new house to skulk around it in a non-creepy way, and discovered it had a side yard which is perfect for a vegetable garden (double yay!)
We walked down to the creek behind it, and found a park.
Everything is closed on Sunday's, so, we were going to just drive home.
Then... we saw a sign.
The sign said, "Brocante"... I knew this word. It's like a flea market.
I was giddy that Mike agreed to go.
LOTS of cool stuff. Copper pots, knick knacks... limoges!
We found 2 things, neither of them antiques, but cool none-the-less.
I found curlers.
Mike found a new coffee pot with a timer.
We got both for 15 euro.
I shall now wash my hair and take it out of this bun, as my last fork hairclip has broken.
Things I miss back home... gummie vitamins, as we are almost out.
A store that sells fork hairclips.

No comments:

Post a Comment